Sunday, January 15, 2012

it's fucking cold

Heeeello.

So it's really cold where I live. I'm feeling sorta depressed with the weather even though I personally ADORE winter. So as I made my way into todays procrastination ritual (watching Greys Anatomy and writing weird things here) I thought that I would write about how to bring back your summery clothing for winter. Because winter sucks after Christmas.

This one is pretty easy.  I have really missed wearing light colored acid wash jeans this winter. A great way to make them cohesive this season (ew I just sounded like a dick) is to bring out the dark navy areas around the zippers and pockets. I paired these with a cool sheer navy top, navy glitter pumps, and a leather jacket. This is kind of a good low-key NYE inspired thing. You could always go with combat boots and a chunky black cardigan if you want to tone it down. I really like the pearls with the black jacket.
 So here is a cute little unassuming floral skirt. I love skirts like this-- they're oddly flattering. Since I only like these tucked in with tank tops, I went with throwing over a cropped mint green sweater. This is a cool twist on a winter classic that will still make you feel more spring-y! I love the soft, bright colors with some cool combat boots and a masculine watch.
Now here are some trendy studded high waisted shorts. These were HUGE this summer (ew once again, sorry for being an asshole). I really like them with a fuzzy cropped sweater and oxford wedges. It makes the look a little warmer and cozier. This is also an example of brown and black looking great together.

So hopefully you will get inspired by these fun looks and try one out. Even though we can't all have a Chanel tote bag or sparkly Christian Louboutins.

Have a magical day.

AKK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind!