Saturday, January 14, 2012

finals week clothes-- don't look how you feel!

So at my school I am in the middle of finals weekend. We have a three day week just specified for tests, tests, presentations, and more tests. Three days of horrible-ness. Everyone wears comfy clothes during finals week, but I don't want to look like a slob. Here are some outfits I thought of for this sloppy week. I also have some tips for what to wear. I know this is a little un-fashion-y for my first post, but more to come ladies, more to come!

XOXO
-AKK

 So this is my most comfortable outfit. If you want to just get this over with, go with some light weight, breathable leggings. I love them in a light gray, these Lululemons are nice if it is a little cold, but I really love Abercrombie's tighter sweatpants-like ones. They are really great because they are both soft and comfy, but also a little more polished than plain sweatpants. I paired these with a simple oversized navy cashmere sweater, some chunky socks, ankle boots, and a few key accesories. The cobalt bow makes the blue-gray color scheme pop and the studded ring makes it unique. Put on a shitload of face cream, it'll make you feel more healthy and zenlike for your tests. Basically, this makes you look like you just rolled out of bed looking like a yoga instructor / Kardashian.

 Here is my "trying to look normal but slightly failing at it but I'm too cool to care" look. We have the super soft flowy T-shirt to not only hide but feel nice against the rolls of fat you have developed while you eat your "study snacks". The jeans are very stretchy and nice feeling, be careful about wearing jeans for a test. If they are too hot or think, they will make you feel horrible. Go with some light weight soft ones. Key ideas are LIGHT WEIGHT and SOFT. The sweater is very cozy and works perfectly if you are boiling hot one place, freezing in another. The watch finishes off the pop of color and the beanie makes you look like a Seattle barista who works nights at an organic farm. The slippers basically just add the chill finals vibe that you would be jealous of if you weren't wearing them.
Okay, you trendy "fashion chicas". Here is my look for people who want to be edgy and try to pull off a statement thing. This cozy tunic top is a great alternative to an ironic, hipster thrifted sweater. It maintains the cool oversized look which makes you look adorably small, but it leaves the itchy heat behind. These awesome leggings will give you the feeling that you are putting effort into your ensemble. I am a huge fan of the shoes, they are super comfortable but they have a heel which looks awesome with leggings. I don't know how you feel about wearing heels to school, I would if I owned these. The colors are all somewhat matchy which works with the pop of pink camisole.


So personally I'd go with the first because I love luxorious textures, but they are all very cute and comfy.

GOOD LUCK study your butts off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind!