Saturday, January 14, 2012

the art of @R†$¥

"Artsy is as artsy does." -Shakespeare

Haha no that's not Shakespeare.

Artsy-- what a loaded word. I mean the troubles of girls who are already definitely pretty enough but need to long for this indescribable level of cool deemed the mortal name artsy. Like I mean indescribable, I literally cannot describe what artsy is. I tried to tell my freakin mom. I can't explain it.

But as a girl who is not exactly skinny or voluptuous, I cling to artsy. Artsy is a way of making your clothes look cooler. It's just like expressing the mainstream way of expressing your non-mainstream-ness. I dunno, just makes me feel cooler.

So I will break down some templates for an "artsy" outfit. Every type of easy outfit kind of has an easy formulaic aspect.


 This is the sort of vintage-y clever way to spin it. I really like going with more a uniquely colored high waisted short, this army green sort of gives you the neutral with irony that makes you think, "huh, she must have dug through a thrift store in London owned by a Japanese woman who was a record player maker and graphic designer."  Always go with ankle boots. They just sort of make things more causual and edgy at the same time. I love the bright nail polish with the darkly colorful shorts and light textured blouse.
 Here is the more classic artsy-ish outfit. With the little cute kitty sweater, floral tight skirt, bow, tights, socks, etc. I really like the idea of  a baggier top with tight fitting bottoms. The ring just adds a little detail. It's nice when an outfit surprises you, there are different things to notice sooner or later.

Now this one is definitely my favorite. I think that being ironic or artsy or whatever your little pretentious self wants to call it, is pairing opposites together. This tailored dress with a unique short hem looks oddly ironic even paired with a preppy bow. The little loose blousy cover-up thing makes it a little softer and the tough accesories just put it together.


So this has been an asshole-y post. It has taken me a good hour. Patheticcccc. Well, I like these outfits and I like you.

Keep it classy
AKK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind!